My response to this Editorial Board opinion piece, published January 28, 2017.
I have to say these recitations of the pathologies of Donald Trump are starting to get a little repetitious and tiresome. As the first 7 days has shown, the man is unfit for the job, has no grasp of reality, never has and never will. So yes, “oops, we made a big mistake.” Got it. Don’t need hear more “can you believe he said THAT?” The question is, what can we do now?
I propose a modest plan. We’ve had 5 million people in the streets, let’s organize ourselves to focus on ONE THING for the next 2 years. This is the only practical way we’re going to get rid of this guy (short of 25th Amendment removal), and it involves the following steps:
(1) target 25+ Republican House seats and pour all our energies into local activism to flip them in 2018. Remember the Tea Party flipped 50 seats to the Reps in 2010! With far fewer activists than we have today. http://www.indivisibleguide.com blueprints how to do it.
(2) Flip 3+ Senate seats using the same tactics.
(3) Impeach him in the House (pick from a menu of possible articles of impeachment).
(4) Convict and remove him in the Senate. Goodbye Trump.
(5) Block President Pence on everything he tries to do. Wait 2 years.
(6) Ride a post-Watergate-like wave of regret and anger to put a decent, patriotic American in the White House in 2020, backed up by super-majorities in both Chambers. Goodbye Republican Quislings.
(7) Begin cleaning up the mess, getting on with the people’s work, and rebuilding the integrity of our once great country.